ch-scene - May 17 & 20 Tin Star Shows

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Jamie Miyares <jmiyares AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: May 17 & 20 Tin Star Shows
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 18:34:57 -0400

Tin Star has a couple shows coming up this month -- an art opening in
Raleigh and a benefit to "Unchain the Dogs!" in Durham. Hope to see you out
and about...

Details:
*
Sunday, May 17, 1 p.m. in Raleigh* (Actually, a bunch of bands will play
from 1-6 p.m....we're just not sure yet exactly who)
Rebus Works Art Gallery (www.rebusworks.us) 301-2 Kinsey St., Raleigh
The Scoop:

*Rebus Works is pleased to present EPIC BATTLE by Casey Porn and David
Eichenberger. *
>From flaming architectural robots to small dogs and creatures in between,
EPIC BATTLE brings new paintings by Casey Porn and David Eichenberger. Porn
and Eichenberger are a natural pairing, exhibiting bodies of work that
complement each other -- witty and done well.

*Wed., May 20, 6:30 p.m., in Durham, with Regina Hexaphone
*The Pinhook (www.thepinhook.com) 117 W. Main St., Durham 27701
Unchain the Dogs Benefit for Independent Animal Rescue
Free...donate for canine unchaining!

We should have our new EPs, *Bettie Lane,* in hand sometime soon, thanks to
our label, Fractured Discs. Also, new tees designed and screen printed by
Ron Liberti will be gracing our merch stash.

hope to have drinks with you soon,
jamie, louis & bart

  • May 17 & 20 Tin Star Shows, Jamie Miyares, 05/10/2009