ch-scene - Pick N' Bitch May 16th at the Pinhook

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Misbehaved Records <allthewaygray AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Pick N' Bitch May 16th at the Pinhook
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:39:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hey,

If you don't know about it. Just wanted to you let you all know that
on May 16th at the Pinhook we will be having a benefit for Planned
Parenthood and some other women's organizations in need. We are
asking for a $5 donation to get in the door.

The show is going to start at 6:30 PM. Starting at 6:30 PM we will
have a discussion regarding the word *bitch* and how women are
reclaiming it. One of the scheduled speakers will be Janette Park.
Music will start at 7 PM.

The evening will be kicked off with Scientific Superstar and end with
Princess and the Criminals.

Performing will be:

Scientific Superstar
Roxcetera
Pistil
The Wigg Report
Jews + Catholics
Pink Flag
Free Electric State
The Virgo 9
Princess and the Criminals

In between bands, we will also have an all female improv group,
Elaine. Elaine is DSI Comedy Theater=92s all female improv group.
Elaine performs long form Improv with single suggestion from the
audience and use it as a springboard to create twenty-five to thirty
minutes of scenes, games and monologues. Starring: Clare Connolly,
Zannie Gunn, Colette Henderson, Katie Shutrump, and Becky Whittemore.
Elaine is directed by Paula Pazdera

Hope to see you there! It's going to be a wild night!!

Thanks!

  • Pick N' Bitch May 16th at the Pinhook, Misbehaved Records, 04/29/2009