ch-scene - Stolen instruments

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Gavin <thegav AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Stolen instruments
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 07:41:14 -0700 (PDT)

My friend Jeff from the Winston-based band Bo-Stevens sent me this.
Please contact him at the phone # below if you see any of this stuff.

Many thanks,
GAVIN

Gavin,
Some bad luck on this side of 85 - it occurred to me that the
instruments are just as likely to head your way as any. If you're
able to email any Hill musicians, I'd be in your debt. Sucks.

Jeff

Our house was broken into some time today and the only things missing
are three valuable instruments. These were the only things stolen - I
need all the help I can get to find them.

Missing is a 1987 Paul Reed Smith Signature Series #25 (handwritten on
back of head), serial # 7-1418, curly maple top and cherry back and
neck, with bird inlays; The case has stickers - Clinton/Gore, Don't
Shave My Buzz, King Crimson Discipline, Thwak.

a 1920 Gibson A-4 mandolin - dark cherry with pick guard, fleur-de-lis
and "The Gibson" head inlays, and Fishman bridge pickup; stickers on
case - Tom's Guitar Service, Yin Yang, bo-stevens, British flag.

a 1996 Martin D-28 with a dent and short crack in the top to the left
of the bridge. Stickers on case - Old Time is not a crime, Birds of
Prey, Obama, and others.

These are very distinctive instruments. Please pass this information
to anyone you can think of who might know something about instruments,
pawn shops, online shopping, or collectors. If you have any ideas,
suggestions, or liquor please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff Shu
336-499-4473

I did a more thorough search only to realize more was stolen. We're
also missing a Music Man 112 RD 50 guitar amp - quite distinctive
because it has a hole in the lower right front face and speaker where
a mouse chewed through; and Richard's Mackie PA mixer (waiting to get
details on it from Richard).

  • Stolen instruments, Gavin, 04/25/2009