ch-scene - Gilbert Neal persists in persisting. Persist.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: info AT gilbertneal.net
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Gilbert Neal persists in persisting. Persist.
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 21:33:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hello.

I'm going to be quite busy this month, and I wanted to give you a
heads-up as to where and when I'll be playing. Then, once all these
gigs
are finished, and barring some magnificent opportunity brought about
by
the public and its insatiable demand to see me in a black shirt, I
will
commence the writing, recording and hawking of my next song cycle.

So anyhow, here goes:

4/16/2009
8:00 PM
I'll be the featured artist at the lovely *Lilac Lounge in the Weaver
Street Market *in Downtown Hillsborough, NC

4/18/2009
5:30 PM
I'll be a *guest DJ on WCOM 103.5 <http://www.carrbororadio.com/> in
Carrboro, NC* for a half-hour. I'll spin a few obscure favorites, and
some of my own music. You can listen via streaming webcast
<http://audio-mp3.ibiblio.org:8000/wcom-hifi.mp3.m3u>if you're not in
the area.

4/18/2009
8:00 PM,
*Parlor Concert, Carrboro, NC*
This is a very important night for me. Catherine Devine and Jackie
Helvey are two of the biggest local arts supporters in the area, and
they have chosen yours truly as their guinea pig for their first
Parlor
Concert! That means there is food and some refreshments served in
their
delightful home, 7:30pm - 10:30pm at Catherine Devine and Berkeley
Grimball's place, *506 Oak Avenue in Carrboro, NC.*
919-967-3795 or catdevine AT mindspring.com for details.

4/23/2009 6:00 PM, Chapel Hill, NC, *University Mall, Scrapel Hill
Anniversary Gala <http://www.scrapelhill.com/>,* covers and
originals,
exciting!!

4/30/2009 12:00 PM The town of Carrboro presents *"Poetry on Your
Plate
<http://raleigh.craigslist.org/eve/1089663753.html>"*, a lunch-hour
presentation of local poets and poetry-based musicians.

5/03/2009 3:30 PM, *Carrboro Day <http://www.carrboroday.com/>*
Town Hall Grounds are where the music usually takes place. Check
website
for updates as to when I'll be playing.

Will you please come by for one of these events? I'd love to see you,
and you never know. You might like it.

I'm on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?
gid=44089601191&ref=ts>
I'm on Reverbnation <http://www.reverbnation.com/gilbertneal>
I'm on MySpace <http://www.myspace.com/gilbertneal>
I'm all up in this hizzy.

Yours
GGN

  • Gilbert Neal persists in persisting. Persist., info, 04/03/2009