ch-scene - Durham house show this Friday!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Craig Powell <craigpowell AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Durham house show this Friday!
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 20:02:40 -0400

Hey folks,

I know this one's a bit last minute but I'm truly excited to be having
Brooklyn's THE BESTIES back to perform again THIS FRIDAY at 2702 Lawndale
Ave. along with THE MONUMENT CLUB, the Triangle's hottttest 90's indie rock
cover band!

The Besties show at my house last year with Americans in France and Reid
Johnson was a true highlight for 2702 and myself! This time around they
should sound even better since the addition of my new house PA (thanks
craigslist Garner disco dude!) TimeOut Chicago says they sound like "The
Go-Go's on Epitaph Records" and how can I top that description? Check out
their new LP on Hugpatch entitled "Home Free" (amazing!)

The Monument Club play the songs we know by heart! 90's indie rock "hits"
from Built to Spill, GbV, Pavement and a bunch of others. This is gonna be
an amazing drunken sing-along set!

There should be plenty o' cheap-o beer (feel free to BYOB too), some (adult)
punch and some late night dance party/hangin' action! Things get rolling at
about 10pm and will keep going 'til late. My house is at 2702 Lawndale Ave.
in Durham, off of Hillsborough Rd. (near the Food Lion).

The Besties: http://myspace.com/thebesties
The Monument Club: http://myspace.com/monumentclub

Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=63088191174

Yrs truly,
Craig P.

  • Durham house show this Friday!, Craig Powell, 03/24/2009