ch-scene - Fundraising

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Alicia Loggie <alicia AT 307knoxrecords.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Fundraising
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 07:24:56 -0800 (PST)

Music Is Love February 18, 2009 @ 8:00
PM, Pinhook

Benefit show for Mr. Alex Nathan…..he is
kind of a big deal!

The Midtown Dickens- www.myspace.com/midtowndickens

The Dirty Little Heaters--- www.myspace.com/thedirtylittleheaters

Rin Tin Panda

Jews and Catholics-- www.myspace.com/jewsandcatholics

The Pneurotics-- www.myspace.com/pneurotics

Trempo Locco--  www.myspace.com/thewiggreport

Tea and Tempests-- www.myspace.com/teatempests

February 18 at 8:00 pm at Pinhook, Durham , NC

More about
Alex:

"In January 2008 after months of
suffering from an unexplained medical condition I was diagnosed with a stage
four cancer called Ewing 's Sarcoma.It is a
soft tissue cancer that started in my abdomen and had spread to my lymph
nodes,
lungs, and stomach before it was even detected. "

"Though I am fighting this battle with
everything I have the outlook is not promising. My doctors have prepared me
for
the possibility that I may only have a few months left to live. So far the
battle has required 6 surgeries, 12 rounds of radiation, 10 rounds of
chemotherapy, and nearly two full months of hospitalization."

"I truly believe that if I keep fighting and
surrounding myself with positive energy and love that I can beat this. "
~Alex Nathan
$5.00 at the door, all funds go directly to
Alex to help defray his medical and living expenses.

The bands have been gracious in extending all the door revenue to support
Alex.

We are all honored to be a
part of helping Alex as he goes through this journey.  He is a bright spot in
the music/film
community here in Durham .

Alex has been very involved with supporting
the local music scene.  He has filmed several local bands and music
festivals.  He was a volunteer at last
year's Troika Music Festival and plans on being more involved this year.

Pinhook

117 W Main St

Durham, NC 27701

(919) 667-1100