ch-scene - FW: Last Pre-hiatus CGJ Rockshow:

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Anne Gomez <annemgomez AT hotmail.com>
  • To: altmusic chapelhill <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: FW: Last Pre-hiatus CGJ Rockshow:
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:03:43 -0500

Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 23:25:54 -0500Subject: Last Pre-hiatus CGJ
Rockshow:From: drcantwell AT gmail.comTo: drcantwell AT gmail.comHey folks:Let's do
this:Saturday, Jan. 31st@ BCHQ:SCOTT WAITE DEBACLECANTWELLGOMEZ&JORDANREAUX
SHAM BEAUThanks!--Dave C. / CGJPS:SCOTT WAITE DEBACLE=The songs of the
slightly obsessive, somewhat nutty, very interesting, and utterly friendly
Scott Waite. The guy recorded a record by himself with bizarre Steely
Dan-type changes and some of the weirdest drumming you'll ever hear. The
Debacle is the band Scott assembled to help him bring his twisted, beautiful
vision to live audiences all
across...Durham.http://www.myspace.com/thescottwaitedebacleCGJ=is going on
hiatus for several months--at least until early summer. This here is our
last show before the sabbatical. (We are going to be recording for a split
12" EP with ChapelHill noise freex Femme Covert, but no shows for a good
while...)http://www.myspace.com/cantwellgomezandjordanREAUX SHAM BEAU=is a
band I do not know, but the song on their Myspace page is pretty good: A
cool, spazzy, happily sloppy punk somewhere between Unwound and Arab on Radar
and Saint Peter Pocket Veto. Sort of.http://www.myspace.com/reauxshambeaux
Windows Live™ Hotmail®…more than just e-mail.
http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_hm_justgotbetter_howitworks_012009