ch-scene - keyboard player and bass player wanted

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: zenopox <zenopox AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: keyboard player and bass player wanted
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 14:07:52 -0800 (PST)

a drummer and i, a guitar player with tiny fingers, are considering re-
entering the hazy and manic world of music by forming a new band,
because there aren't enough bands around here. to make our vision
complete, we would like to add a person who plays a bass or bass
guitar and a person who plays, at the very least, a keyboard of some
kind. we have extremely low standards, but bizarrely high
expectations. or maybe i mean just the opposite of that. yes, i do. we
both have been in millions of rock'n'roll bands for the past couple of
decades, most recently an ill-fated band known as the sames. we're
both old and atrophied. and have kids. we don't have time for any
crap. if you, or someone you love, plays a bass or keyboard, and if
this lethargic and enigmatic posting hasn't repulsed you, please let
me know.

oh, music that has recently inspired me: sandy denny, blonde redhead,
"cortez the killer," seedhill bruiser, the flute flies, "cindy of a
thousand lives," kate bush, "#9 dream," marty balin, "this must be the
place (naive melody)." if you don't love at least one of these things,
you needn't waste your own time.

  • keyboard player and bass player wanted, zenopox, 01/29/2009