ch-scene - Felix Obelix EP Release + Time Capsule Show

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Wendy Spitzer <felixobelix AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Felix Obelix EP Release + Time Capsule Show
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 22:49:47 -0500

If you have any interest in historical preservation, time capsules, theremin
players in marching band uniforms, videbooths, stage sculptures, or vintage
archival films....

Friday, January 23, 2009 at the ArtsCenter
Early show, starts promptly at 8pm with A/V Geeks' films about TIME
Midtown Dickens is next
Billy Sugarfix is next
Felix Obelix headlines around 10:30pm
All ages, seated, non-smoking venue

$5 lets you see 3 bands, the movies, plus you get to put something in the
vaulted, steel time capsule I will have in the gallery of the ArtsCenter.
There will also be a videobooth where you can record yourself saying
whatever you want to, for the good folks of 2059 who will open this
capsule. This is sponsored in part by your tax dollars, and dished out via
a grant from the Orange County Arts Commission.

It is also the debut and EP release of my band, Felix Obelix, and I have
handmade a limited number of mixed-media EPs. Felix Obelix is me on
bass/singing; Lu Lubenstein on Fender Rhodes; Jay Cartwright on accordion;
Dylan Thurston on xylophone/glockenspiel and Shannon Morrow on drums:
http://myspace.com/felixobelix
I hope to see you there!
Wendy Spitzer

  • Felix Obelix EP Release + Time Capsule Show, Wendy Spitzer, 01/21/2009