ch-scene - Re: OT: How much is your Triangle gym membership?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Lisa Bachelder <lisa AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: OT: How much is your Triangle gym membership?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:16:28 -0500

... and I quit Peak on Glenwood South at the end of November (dirty, equipment always broken and never fixed). I joined Lifestyle on Wake Forest (old Lowe's space) - $24.50 "initiation fee" + $20.00 "process fee" + $51.99 for "last month's dues" (quoting from my membership agreement). I pay $51.99/month - which is high, yes, but they have tons of (clean, functional) equipment and a 3-4 lane pool that doesn't get used much. They have 3 levels of membership ... think I took the middle option, which allows unlimited visits to this and other Lifestyle gyms, but no child care.

Like just about everything and everyone else right now, gyms are hard up for members. You should be able to get a decent deal if you shop around a bit. FWIW, I was warned away from Seaboard Fitness but have heard really good things about the new(ish) YMCA on Hillsborough, http://www.ymcatriangle.org/Membership.aspx.

lb

Joined Peak in Glenwood South end of December, it was $223 for two years.