ch-scene - Re: I need your help again!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: I need your help again!
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:35:49 -0500

dude: http://flickr.com/photos/l-dogg/sets/72157600054794446/

Just how prohibitive is your frustration, anyway?

I like how you coyly don't explain WTF you're going to do with all these. This better not be a class assignment, young man!

James Hepler wrote:
I'm always asking for shit. What a douche!
But now I really need your help. I need your favorite photos of Durham
landmarks. Links to your photos preferably. Lucky Strikes tower, the "hit
bull win steak" sign, the Big Pickle, anything that you think makes Durham
what it is. It can be historic or current.

I just tried to do a flickr search after going through my meager collection
of Durham pics and found it to be prohibitively frustrating. Plus since I'm
not at work, I actually have tons of shit to do. So if you have some free
time and want to help me out, it would be great. And hell, I know there's
sort of a moratorium on attaching pics to the listserv, who here still has
dialup? I submit that maybe this once we share our pics with everyone
instead of a direct email. Either way, you'd be helping me tremendously.
Whatever you think makes Durham great if you do in fact think that.

You don't even know how big a help this would be to me if you could help
out. Thanks! You can email me links, or attach photos or whatever. And
yeah, I know it's alt.music.chapel-hill