ch-scene - TONIGHT - THE SEA - Tonight! Catch them before the rest of the world

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: dk01 <dave AT kovach.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: TONIGHT - THE SEA - Tonight! Catch them before the rest of the world
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 09:11:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hello friends of music and the local Chapel Hill, NC area...

Tonight, I realize is a big debate night, but I would never send
"unsolicited" :-) (sorry) reminder emails about something if I didn't
think a few of you might totally dig this... But, a few months back a
little band from the UK contacted me through very grassroots means...

The band: The Sea (from the United Kingdom)

Who? Right. I had never heard of them either, then when I heard them,
I was like, wow, blown away by a little 2 piece rock band with catchy
songs and incredible energy. Without a real Led Zeppelin, who do we
all turn to? I really had no answer... but, now...

The Sea, is over here from the UK and playing Chapel Hill tonight
prior to their very big prime-time 8pm Saturday night showcase on the
25th at one of the largest music conferences in the USA (NYC's CMJ
Music Marathon)... but, that is then... and tonight on 10/15 at
9:30pm... Chapel Hill get's let in on a tiny little secret...

WHEN: TONIGHT 10/15 at 9:30
WHO: THE SEA (http://www.myspace.com/theseasounds) with GST Cardinals
WHERE: LOCAL 506, Chapel Hill NC, Franklin St.

type3music, the independent world relief organization for artist
musicians, singer-songwriters and bands I started, is responsible for
having them make a stop off here on a very limited engagement US tour.
The only night we could nab them was on a Weds., but I promise this -
the entry fee is low ($3), the beer is still cheap, and it will be
starting viciously on time!

WHEN: TONIGHT 10/15 at 9:30
WHO: THE SEA with GST Cardinals
WHERE: LOCAL 506, Chapel Hill, Franklin St.

WHY: Because independently of the corporate bullshit that even the
world of music is surrounded by, we work to help sustain artists, and
assist and support their global breakthroughs, all the while remaining
truly and totally 100% independent... We all get to make choices about
everything - food, energy usage, who are friends are, who are next
president is and the music we choose to let into our lives... The Sea
is a choice you don't want to pass up...

ps - LOCAL 506 has a television, most likely it will be tuned into the
presidential debate at 9pm!

Hope to see you out

David @
type3music

  • TONIGHT - THE SEA - Tonight! Catch them before the rest of the world, dk01, 10/15/2008