ch-scene - Attack of the Veldas- October 11th at BCHQ

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Subdivision 67 <subdivision67 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Attack of the Veldas- October 11th at BCHQ
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 05:30:04 -0700 (PDT)

Yep, that=92s right! Performing on October 11th at BCHQ will be The
Virgo 9 and Sequoya. They also will be playing with Chicago=92s Slow Gun
Shogun.
T of The Virgo 9 will be doing her alter-ego acoustic set with some
very, very, very interesting ladies backing her up on vocals and
drums. This is when The Veldas may attack, so don=92t miss out.

If you don=92t remember The Veldas, this is how Chaz described them back
in the day- "The Veldas are the new face to Durham=92s attempt to save
rock=92n'roll. Geez, we=92re getting to be quite the city, we=92ve got
something of an arsenal if I do say so myself. They play a
supercharged, blown out rock that sometimes sounds like a distorted,
fuzzed-out PJ Harvey crackling through the speakers. They=92re an
explosive duo who have made Joe & Jo=92s downtown their home, stage and
outlet. Melodies, haunting riffs and sadness creep across their lips
and through their fingers. Not to be missed! Catch =91em while they=92re
still raw and angry!"

Oh, they are still angry, but the show on October 11th will be showing
the softer side of T and Bonnie. Well=85we will see.

http://www.myspace.com/thevirgonine
http://www.myspace.com/sequoya
http://www.reverbnation.com/theveldas
http://www.myspace.com/slowgunshogun

  • Attack of the Veldas- October 11th at BCHQ, Subdivision 67, 10/02/2008