ch-scene - Campus Concert Series ( CCS) at duke

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: corinalucia17 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Campus Concert Series ( CCS) at duke
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 09:06:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone,

I am the programming director for a new group that brings mostly
local acts on campus weekly. Out shows start early every friday,
around 5:30 pm and they are held at the Armadillo Grill in the Bryan
Center on West Campus. All our shows are free and open to the public
of all ages. And there is free chips and salsa and giveaways in the
form of local music cds and concert tickets.

We are also happy to be collaborating with WXDU and Cable 13 to
promote the artists and the shows to a bigger audience .

Here is a list of upcoming shows:

October 10th- Kapow! Music, Citified, Grappling Hook

October 16th - Coming Out Day Concert in collaboration with LGBT
center, 1 pm

October 17th - If You Wannas, The Sammies, Veronique Diabolique

October 24th - Holy Ghost Tent Revival, Ponchos from Peru, The Tender
Fruit, Luego

November 7th - Nathan Oliver, Clang Quartet, Midtown Dickens

November 21st - Hammer No More The Fingers, The Dry Heathens, Schooner

December 5th- Scientific Superstar, The Loners, Simple

Directions and parking can be found here:

http://map.duke.edu/building.php?bid=7791

I am also open to any suggestions concerning events that highlight
local bands on campus.

Please contact me with any questions at corina.apostol AT duke.edu

cheers,

Corina

  • Campus Concert Series ( CCS) at duke, corinalucia17, 09/28/2008