ch-scene - Wanted to borrow or rent: For a good cause: Firewire Recording Interface

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <chris AT christophermrossi.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Wanted to borrow or rent: For a good cause: Firewire Recording Interface
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 08:47:08 -0400

Hello,

I'm supposed to be recording this Superchunk, Rosebuds, Birds of Avalon show at the Cradle tomorrow night. The show is a benefit for Cy Rawls and the recordings, if they turn out, will be sold on CyTunes (http://www.cytunes.org/) which also benefits Cy Rawls.

In order to record the show tomorrow I bought a firewire card to go with my Lynx Aurora 16 A-D/D-A converter. This would give me 16 channels of input straight into my laptop. Unfortunately I chose to buy this card on ebay and even more unfortunately the asshole I bought it from chose to sit on his dick for almost a week before shipping it. (Pardon, my French--I'm more than a little stressed right now.) So the card is en route but is not slated to arrive until *Saturday*. Fuck me.

If anyone has one of these cards laying around that I could rent for an evening, that would be *AMAZING*. Alternatively, anything that got me up to 16 channels via Firewire would work as well. I do actually know of a person, through James Hepler, that could bring a PreSonus firepod. This is an 8 channel unit but they can be daisy chained together, so maybe someone else out there has another one we could use?

I'm also going to be looking around at what can be purchased locally with the intent of flipping it on Ebay/Craigslist for hopefully not too big of a loss.

If you can help, the gods praise you. My contact info is below.

Thank you!
Chris

--
Spacelab Recording Studio +1 919 403 5502
http://spacelabstudio.com -- My email address is 'cr' at this domain