ch-scene - I'm excited about the Gates of Beauty, Debacle, Cairo, Clawform show

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ShannonM <learnaboutlistening AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: I'm excited about the Gates of Beauty, Debacle, Cairo, Clawform show
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 07:57:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hey!
I don't normally toot my own horn (because I play the drums), but I
have to say that I'm really looking forward to playing out with Gates
of Beauty this Friday nite. We haven't played a show out in over a
year, and I think I really sucked at our last show, so if you saw us
that time and were disappointed, give us another chance!

I'll be honest - I can pretty much predict that we won't be most
people's favorite Triangle band, but the longer I play with Gates of
Beauty, the more respect I have for our efforts. Even thought the
outcome of our collaborations tends to be "difficult" to listen to, I
have to say this is one of the most interesting projects I've ever
participated in because we figure out a way to handle any material or
idea that Wendy, Anne, or I bring to the table - sometimes all of our
ideas at the same time!

And of course you know that Anne and Wendy are 2 of the most creative
musicians in the Triangle (and super bad-ass bass players to boot)...
I got lucky when I met these ladies!

The whole show will be great - Bull City Headquarters this Friday the
22nd
The show starts at 9 and the line-up is:

Clawform (playing first) - solo metal banjo;
The Gates of Beauty (playing second) - three lovely ladies playing
bass, bass, and drums;
Cairo (playing third) - don't know what this band will sound like, but
it contains a friend of Rob and Eleni from Beloved Binge, so I have
high hopes;
The Debacle - punk/prog trio with some pretty amazing fusion-esque
over-the-top guitar playing.

Thanks
Shannon Morrow

  • I'm excited about the Gates of Beauty, Debacle, Cairo, Clawform show, ShannonM, 08/21/2008