ch-scene - Triangle Rock Bands Needed for Theater Production!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Mimi <mimiklem AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Triangle Rock Bands Needed for Theater Production!
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 07:44:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi! I am posting this for my sister Rachel Klem who is the manager of
the Common Ground Theatre in West Durham. This opportunity sounds
like a lot of fun, and a great way to bring the theater and music
communities together. Check it out, and if interested, contact me off-
line or contact Rachel at her email listed below.
Thanks!
Mimi McLaughlin

Ghost and Spice Productions, a local theatre company, is looking for
rock bands to join them onstage for their Fall production at Common
Ground Theatre in Durham. We are producing =93Sex, Drugs, Rock & Roll=94
by Eric Bogosian- a hilarious and edgy collection of monologues. We
are planning on having a different Rock & Roll band every night to
fill out the evening.

What we need from you:
-To arrive and set up at 7pm on your assigned night.
(6pm on our Sunday show)
-To bring all equipment you would need for the gig-we have power, and
that=92s about it.

-A six song set list.

-An adventurous spirit- you will be interspersing your songs
throughout the show- we will tell you when- but it will be different
that a usual gig, to say the least!

What we can offer you:
-A dedicated audience- no yelling over your music, no waitresses
standing in front of you, etc=85
-Awesome acoustics- people love playing at Common Ground.

-Exposure to a new crowd.

-Perhaps some good publicity coverage depending on the whim of the
papers.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to pay the bands, but we will be
more than happy to sell your merchandise in our lobby!

These are the dates we need bands for:
September 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20 (call at 7pm.)
September 14 (call at 6pm.)

If you are interested, please respond to this e-mail via
rachel AT cgtheatre.com and let us know what night/s you are available.
We will schedule within 24 hours.
Once you commit, we will be counting on you and publicizing your
involvement- so we need SOLID commitments!

If you want to read more about Ghost & Spice Productions: www.ghostandspice=
.com
If you want to read more about Common Ground Theatre: www.cgtheatre.com

Thanks for your time, and please pass this on to anybody you think may
be interested!!!

Rachel Klem
Common Ground Theatre Manager, Ghost & Spice Managing Director
(919) 698-3870

  • Triangle Rock Bands Needed for Theater Production!, Mimi, 08/13/2008