ch-scene - Opening night this Friday spread the word!!!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet <donovani AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Opening night this Friday spread the word!!!
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 12:29:55 -0400

SUMMER SHOW 2008!
I AM AN INSECT
A FLUTTERING PROCESSIONARY OF INFINTESSIMAL IDEAS.

Paperhand's 9th annual summer puppet pageant extravaganza featuring
Giant puppets, masks, painted cardboard, stilts, bikes, and shadows all set
to live music. Don't miss this exciting exploration of the fantastical world
of the small.

This year the cardboard constructionists of Paperhand investigate the
freakishly fantastic whimsical world of the small.
Insects, bugs, and other arthropods come to life amidst towering grasses and
flowers.
Dung Beetles, millipedes, and grasshoppers on bikes; caterpillars,
butterflies, ants and much more!
Myriad forms unfold over vast ages of time, when we arrive in the 19th
century backyard of Jean-Henri Fabre.
See, the gigantically unexpected. Hear the sounds of the spiraling universe.
Join the Insect Insurrection!
They (the insects) can survive without us, but could we live without them?

Forest Theatre in Chapel hill
(All tickets are general admission Adults $10, kids 3-12, $7,
2 and under free) Cash or check only.
Fri, sat, & sun August 8,9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 22, 23, 24, 29, 30, 31.
Sept 1 (labor day), 5, 6, & 7.

NC museum of art in raleigh
(Tickets available at the door or online @
http://www.ncartmuseum.org/buytickets.shtml)
Fri & Sat. Sept. 12 &13.

All shows are all ages and begin at 7
with a different pre-show each night at 6:30.

This year we are seeking volunteers to be behind the scenes and become a part
of the swarm. For details or to sign up contact Martha: ameda AT mindspring.com

The calendar of opening acts is still coming together. You can go to
http://www.paperhand.org/calendar.htm for updates.

I think that's all for now. We're so excited to be doing this work with your
help. Please spread the word about the shows and we hope to see you there.
With much love and respect,
Donovan and Jan
artistic directors Paperhand Puppet Intervention.

  • Opening night this Friday spread the word!!!, Paperhand Puppet, 08/05/2008