ch-scene - Re: Cameron Village Underground

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Bryon Settle <ployntabs AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Cameron Village Underground
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 00:30:13 -0400

Holy Moly I feel old. I played every venue down there. The last one being the Cafe Deja Vu. I walked in in the afternoon to find the guy who played Uncle Paul on the local morning kids show playing Rubie My Dear on the grand piano there. He was great. Blind too. Always smiling.

-bryon

Jeff Hart wrote:
thanks for this. i went down there to snoop around in 2000 and 2004,
but didn't think to bring a camera. really glad this person thought to
do it. i had been down to johnson-lambe to get some baseball equipment
and just moseyed on in.