ch-scene - Duofest II - this Saturday @ BCHQ

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: eleni binge <elenibinge AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Duofest II - this Saturday @ BCHQ
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 13:55:02 -0700 (PDT)

It's Duofest II and you're invited.

Where: Durham's Bull City Headquarters
What: 18 bands (duos) from all over NC (see lineup/times below)
When: Saturday, 6/7, doors at 2 pm.
Why: There are so many duos. They should all play together at a
festival.

Two stages =3D immediate band transitions. If you have a short attention
span, this festival is for you.

If you like a variety of engaging, entertaining, not-your-standard-
band music, come on down. We've got Anne G's & Joyce V's new
project, a backpack drumset, a smattering of crazy drummers, dance-
music, and even some quiet stuff.

This year we have some new duos added to the lineup as well...with
times clearly marked!!(so you can avoid 8:30 pm):

3:00--2013 Wolves
3:30=97 Horned Goat Cookie Party
4:00=97All Your Science
4:30=97 Manblossom
5:00-- Resist Not!
5:30=97Sawteeth McTweedy
6:00=97 The Scientific Superstar
6:30=97Speedsquare
7:00--***DINNER BREAK!***
8:00=97 Fortress of Swatches
8:30-- Beloved Binge
9:00=97 The Saint Peter Pocket Veto
9:30=97The Whole World Laughing
10:00=97Sequoya
10:30=97Spacelab
11:00=97Apis Bull
11:30=97Jews & Catholics
12:00-- Opening Flower Happy Bird
12:30=97Curtains of Night

It's a veg potluck too, so bring a vegan or vegetarian dish or drinks
(no alcohol) for the sup(p)er 7PM potluck, if you want...not
required.

There is a suggested donation of $5-10 for the traveling bands.

For more info, & to hear some of these duos advance-style, see our
page at: www.myspace.com/durhamduofest

--eleni // elenibinge AT gmail.com on behalf of duofest / Dave Cantwell

  • Duofest II - this Saturday @ BCHQ, eleni binge, 06/03/2008