ch-scene - Band needed

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Tim Flaherty" <mrdorkesq AT gmail.com>
  • To: "'RTP-area local music and culture'" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Band needed
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:00:46 -0400

My neighborhood in Raleigh is having a party on June 7th and the band that
was scheduled to play canceled.

We are looking for a typical party/cover band that would be suitable for all
ages. The band that was going to play is a jangle pop cover band, REM, Tom
Petty, Byrds, Hollies and the like.

As far as I'm concerned an original music band would be fine, but we need to
cater everyone.

The neighborhood was built in the late 60's and we have folks ranging in age
from 0 - 80's.

The party is from 2:00 pm till dusk. I wouldn't expect a band to play the
entire time obviously, maybe couple 30-60 minute sets.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Thanks,
Tim

  • Band needed, Tim Flaherty, 05/27/2008