ch-scene - Vodak seek drummer: I'd hit it!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Ben Donnelly" <bendonnelly AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Vodak seek drummer: I'd hit it!
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:54:14 -0400

Looking over the musician classifieds can make you sigh. It's more
lonely than the reading the personal ads, even. You find people
exposing their unfulfilled dreams, but you don't get the compensating
amusement of them exposing weird-ass proclivities. The songwriter with
over a 100 songs written. The vocalist and guitarist seeking a rhythm
section to get in on a ground floor opportunity, 'cause they are dead
serious about becoming huge. The apparent fact that you can eke out a
living performing Creed and Kid Rock covers.

Anyways, we have over eight songs written, and we're dead serious
about playing all of them. The other night we tried out covers of
Devo, Wire and Gang Of Four.

We like movies, holding hands, and long drives to our practice space
in North Durham. Christian non-smokers are alright, but this may not
be what you are looking for.

Hey! We recorded some demos without a drummer:

http://www.myspace.com/tehvodak

There's a few songs we're not even practicing right now 'cause we're
all like, "Naw, this doesn't work without a drummer".

Woah- what are these links? These links go to other music we've done:

Lam! Lam! (http://www.myspace.com/lamlamband)
Clod and Pebble (http://www.reverbnation.com/clodandpebble)
Blackstrap (http://blackstrap.org/mp3)

If you are looking for a discreet and satisfying musical experience,
hook up with us at:
drum AT blackstrap.org

- Bendy