ch-scene - lockable equipment racks?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: lockable equipment racks?
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 13:12:59 -0400

I need a name for a widget. I can see this clearly in my head & thus being a naive American, I assume someone has already manufactured something similar that I can buy. My googling has failed due to word problems (i.e. I'm using the wrong word, presumably), so maybe someone here has a better word.

I have some gear, in standard 19" racks. The gear needs to be accessible 24/7, so I can't put it into locking road cases. However, I would still like for it to not be stolen.

I have in my mind's eye an arrangement involving a piece of angle-iron (i.e. a long skinny piece of metal bent at a 90-degree angle along its longitudinal axis) that's affixed via piano hinge to the side of the rack, such that it can be swung into place to cover the outer 3/4" or so of the rack ears, including the bolt heads, or swung away to allow gear to be moved/removed. It can be locked in place via any normal locking arrangement, such as a hasp & padlock.

If you've seen such a thing (and know where I can procure it), or have a better Google Brain than I do for this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ross