ch-scene - The National, Richmond Va.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: DJ Golf <djgolf AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: The National, Richmond Va.
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 13:38:15 -0700 (PDT)

Mrs. Golf and I saw Drive-By Truckers at The National in Richmond last
Friday night - not only a really good show but a very impressive
venue. It's a historic theatre on Broad St. that's been closed for
years; two concert promotions companies have bought it and spent a
whole bunch of money on renovations. Sound & lighting are pretty much
state of the art, whole place is comfortable & good view from
everywhere, staff is very professional, itinerary looks like the
proprietors have their shit together, etc. And you can get 2 cups of
warm PBR for only $10 (nothing's perfect, I guess.) Much nicer than
the 9:30 Club, for comparison's sake, tho probly not quite as big.
Only been open a month or so. This is something Richmond has needed
for ages.

Article from Richmond paper...

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/video.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2007-12-19-0147.html

And the venue's website...