ch-scene - Re: Well, at least Lou Reed agrees with me.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <nospam AT spacelabstudio.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Well, at least Lou Reed agrees with me.
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:14:26 -0400

chapelhillguitarist AT hotmail.com wrote:

And I will point out, again, that Lou is spot on that people who
express their 'opinion' that high fidelity sound should be the
standard are told to ' toned down the douchitude'.

People on this list are well aware of the trade offs involved with compressed music and have come, as individuals, to their own conclusions about what is an acceptable trade off for them in terms of convenience vs sound quality. Until you interjected, this was merely a discussion of different choices different people had made as individuals with regards to those trade offs. Only one person in this discussion took the stand that anyone who made an individual choice which differed than their own must be a moron. That person was you. You used insults to and name calling to make your case. This is not a question of good sound vs bad sound. This is a question of how you have chosen to interact with the other human beings on this list.

Chris