ch-scene - Acoustic Blues II Workshop in Durham - Sun May 18

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: flyinrex2001 AT yahoo.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Acoustic Blues II Workshop in Durham - Sun May 18
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:47:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi folks -

Jon Shain here. As you may have heard, I've entered into a partnership
with my good friends at High Strung Violins and Guitars to present
guitar workshops there on a regular basis. They've recently moved into
a much larger space on Broad Street here in Durham (right next to the
Broad Street Cafe). This gives me the opportunity to open these
classes up to more students and now we'll have supplies on hand if
anyone needs something (tab-books, slides, picks, etc.) and good
coffee and snacks right next door.

The next workshop is set for Sunday May 18- my Acoustic Blues II
class (description below). It will run from 10am to 5pm with an hour
break for lunch. Class limited to 10 students. Cost is $100 for the
day - full deposit required to hold your space. You can reserve your
space by calling the store at 286-3801. Ask for Lee or Christine.
Thanks,
Jon

Acoustic Blues II is more of an in-depth song-related workshop,
following up on themes we began to explore in the first workshop...
more interactive jamming and a bit of (yikes) performing with and for
each other. We use a group of songs in a handout to illustrate
different jamming techniques, etc.

  • Acoustic Blues II Workshop in Durham - Sun May 18, flyinrex2001, 03/11/2008