ch-scene - Re: First No Depression, then Schoolkids and now...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: smithers <ansmithers AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: First No Depression, then Schoolkids and now...
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:40:42 -0800 (PST)

> Not for lack of effort. The guy who booked that place worked his ass off to
> get bands in there.

really?

how exactly did he do this?
I rarely if ever saw anything on the schedule that seemed worth going
to once it became Blend.
we played wetlands a couple of times but as soon as they redesigned we
played there once and never played at Blend.

Who was he soliciting and how did they ever make it clear that they
wanted to book local music?