ch-scene - Yahoo continues to suck

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Yahoo continues to suck
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:58:46 -0500

Due to excessive bounces, nearly everyone subscribed to ch-scene from a Yahoo address has been disabled automatically by the list-processing software. Yahoo apparently persists in intermittently blocking the entire block of IP addresses used by UNC and related central-NC academic institutions.

As the problem is with Yahoo's stupidity, there's nothing that I, nor my friends at UNC/ibiblio, can do about it. I'm not going to recommend which other free email-service you might consider switching to. I would point out that if you live around here, there's a good chance that ch-scene emails aren't the only emails you're not getting in your Yahoo inbox.

If only the impending Microsoft purchase had some chance of making things better, instead of grievously worse.

Sigh.

Ross