ch-scene - Roller Rink in Durham.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Jeffrey Herrick <herrickjeffrey AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Roller Rink in Durham.
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 08:00:01 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I seem to recall The Scaries and maybe some other bands have played
parties/shows at Wheels of Durham (the roller rink) in the past.. A band I'm
in is probably gonna play a party there soon and I'm trying figure out sound
and logistics. Is there anybody here that was in a band that played there or
at least saw a band play there? Where did the bands set up? How did it
sound? Any idea how big the sound system was or how they pulled it off?...
even if you haven't seen a band there.. Y'all can wax poetic about how you
would pull it off.. if the spirit moves you..

I already emailed tomich.. but haven't heard back so far...

I'll let y'all know the details of this party as soon as there set.. if your
interested..

Jeff