ch-scene - A/V Geeks Present "Love Is...?" and more

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: avgeeks AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: A/V Geeks Present "Love Is...?" and more
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:53:54 -0800 (PST)

Love Is...?
The A/V Geeks succumb to the greeting card industries' manufactured
holiday by showing some of their favorite films about romance, love
and eventually, marriage. Films include: Going Steady? How Do You Know
It's Love? Are You Ready for Marriage? and Should I Marry Outside My
Faith?. Bring a friend. Door prizes! $5 donations graciously accepted.

NOTE THE NEW DATE AND TIME!! This could be our last show at CDS for a
while if nobody shows up... 7:00PM, Thursday, February 14th Center for
Documentary Studies, 1317 W. Pettigrew Street, Durham, NC

NOTE THE NEW DATE, TIME AND LOCATION!! 7:30PM, Sunday, February 17th
Tir Na Nog, 218 S. Blount St. Raleigh, NC 27601

Schoolhouse Scandal
Given the current outrage against the extracurricular shenanigans
taking place in our hallowed halls of learning, you'd think that kids
have truly gone wild. But the A/V Geeks present a night of school
films from our past that show students have always looked beyond the
Three Rs in school! Films include - The Bully, The Outsider, The Show-
Off, What About Prejudice?, Dance Little Children and more! Admission
$4

7:00pm, Saturday, Feb. 23, 2008 Century Center Cinema , Century Hall
in The Century Center, Corner of Weaver Street and N. Greensboro
Street. Carrboro, NC.

Monster from a Prehistoric Planet (1967)
An expedition to a remote South Pacific island discovers a baby giant
reptile who's brought back to civilization - much to the chagrin of
its giant monster parents! Lots of fun Japanese rubber monster suits
in this one! Show up early to get a good seat and see a short from the
A/V Geeks archive. After the film, answering trivia questions for
nifty prizes. FREE!
7pm, Friday, March 7th,NC Museum of Natural Sciences 11 W. Jones St.,
Raleigh, NC

See ya!
Skip
www.avgeeks.com

To be added to the A/V Geeks events list, email me at skipATavgeeks.com

  • A/V Geeks Present "Love Is...?" and more, avgeeks, 02/12/2008