ch-scene - More (real-time) Booking Advice

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: More (real-time) Booking Advice
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:13:02 -0800 (PST)

So, I'm booking the next round of Free-For-All shows, and we have so
many emails in our booking inbox that I'm literally only emailing the
info to bands that I've heard of (see prior post about that); however,
many bands fail to use their bandname as their email address (which
you should*) or don't reference their band name in the subject line,
so I'm literally skipping over a good 75% of the emails as I don't
have time to read each one.

Now, a few of you get by because I know you...and, in honesty, if
you're a local band looking to play a local club, there's very little
excuse not to know the people involved.

...glenn

* Have your band name in your email address (myband AT yahoo.com, or
info AT myband.com) is helpful for clubs. I have over 2000 emails in my
personal inbox - there have been shows where I've wanted a certain
band to play, but couldn't remember the name of the person who had
emailed me on said bands behalf. Again, that's part of communicating
efficiently.