ch-scene - Pagan Freegan Yard Party in Durham SATURDAY

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Ryan Martin" <rymars AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Pagan Freegan Yard Party in Durham SATURDAY
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 16:35:15 -0500

Apparently whether or not the Gods exist is relatively unimportant so
long as the universe behaves as though they do.

the feast of Apollo is observed by the godmany on the 9th of february
w/ abundant feasts
+ lots of noise.

+ the days are getting longer, mercury s coming out of retrograde,
neighboor relations are bettering, the ghosts are relenting etc

so we're CELEBRATING

The Feast of Apollo Fe(a)st

This SAT Feb 9th

919 B Washington ST Durham NC 27701

A back yard Show. we built a stage (!)

BANDS START AT 6PM
bring friends and food
COME EARLY + FEAST
+++++++++++++++++++++++++===

and hear the new Iowa:

WET HAIR <<blown-out pop from member(s) of Raccoooon
SECRET ABUSE << brutal noise, member of Impregnable, Deep Jew, Callow
God Records
NIMBY << Dub warrior, Not In My Back Yard (In My Back Yard!)
EVAN MILLER << Fahey -esque guitar bliss

plus local warm-ups from

BOYZONE
YOHIMBE
USABABY
ANDY

Andy should have recordings he made at Southpoint over the holiday
season of couples arguing. 10 minutes about what fondue is. Ask after
his set.

Should be a good time!

- Ryan (for Rachal + Roxann, occupants of 919B )

  • Pagan Freegan Yard Party in Durham SATURDAY, Ryan Martin, 02/08/2008