ch-scene - Hammer No More the Fingers on Stereogum

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: The Pneurotics <pneurotics AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Hammer No More the Fingers on Stereogum
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 16:36:37 -0800 (PST)

Another Local Music "win"--

Durham trio, Hammer No More the Fingers, is being
featured this week on well-known blog Stereogum in the
"Bands to Watch" column. (former bands to watch
include Lily Allen, Beirut, and Arcade Fire)

I've been watching them play around here non-stop,
last year, literally over a hundred consistently great
shows without actually touring, working their asses
off for the past year and releasing one of my favorite
CD's of last year. Their songs are infectiously
catchy, I find myself unconsciously humming them on a
regular basis. They are incredibly supportive of
other bands and musicians around town and if they
aren't playing, you'll find them at other bands'
shows. These guys are very deserving of this national
recognition, and hopefully with it comes more
opportunities.

Check it out:

www.stereogum.com

and check them out:
www.myspace.com/hnmtf

Enough bragging on my dear friends, I'm sure they are
fully embarrassed by now. If you see them,
congratulate them!

Spreadin the love,
Mimi McLaughlin

Be a better friend, newshound, and

  • Hammer No More the Fingers on Stereogum, The Pneurotics, 02/01/2008