ch-scene - A BIG week for Diversions

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Bryan.C.Reed AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: A BIG week for Diversions
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 20:22:20 -0800 (PST)

So, a long time ago I used to write on here every week what kinds of
things are coming out in Diversions...and then I dropped off. That was
super lame of me. I apologize. I hope you forgive me.

But what's important here, is that Dive is back for a brand-spankin'
new semester. And since it's (somewhat kind of close to) the beginning
of a new year, that means we have to enter the year-end best-of
lexicon.

So, if you should happen to peruse a copy of The Daily Tar Heel
tomorrow, 1/10, (or, perhaps the Web-version at www.dailytarheel.com)
you'll find lists of our favorite movies, albums and -- most
importantly -- albums from NC!

I won't ruin the surprise, though. you'll have to check it out.

Also, we've got a rad shot of Juan Huevos showing Dan Deacon's fans
how it's done at the 506, movie reviews of Atonement and Juno, and
album reviews of the Reverend Organdrum (Jim Heath of RHH) and Kate
Nash.

If you're in a local band, and you have an album, EP, split, 7", DVD,
cassette, comic book or totally rad show coming up, and you want us to
consider it for review, we'd love to hear/see/attend it. email me off-
list and I'll get you the info you need.

Happy new year, a.m.c-h!

-Bryan from Dive
(http://dive.dailytarheel.com | www.myspace.com/dthdiversions)

  • A BIG week for Diversions, Bryan . C . Reed, 01/09/2008