ch-scene - Re: The decline of NW Civilization (Seattle club closes)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Jeff Hart <jeffhoo1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: The decline of NW Civilization (Seattle club closes)
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:10:34 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 28, 1:06 pm, chaz <bullcityro... AT gmail.com> wrote:
> mmm...yeah, a nice wooden, dingy bar with a good jukebox (misfits
> followed by merle haggard?) and sticky floor. cheap pitchers too.
> doesn't get much better. someone should totally get on that. make it
> walking distance to my house and i promise to be there as much as i
> can.
> durham's the next durham. :)

while waiting for stu cole and michael kelsh to set up last saturday
at the cave, i shot several games of pool and was able to plunk down
quarters for about 18 songs on the jukebox. just some of the stuff we
played was brownie mcghee and sonny terry, (the original merchants
lunch era) red clay ramblers, charlie poole and the nc ramblers, two
dollar pistols, libba cotten, blind boy fuller, new york dolls, neil
young, family dollar pharaohs and the woggles. last time i was at the
green room on ninth st., the cashier's ipod was playing rather than
the juke box. sort of disappointing.