ch-scene - Re: Sound hole pick-up question

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Jeff Hart <jeffhoo1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Sound hole pick-up question
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:02:22 -0800 (PST)

hard to tell. looks like one of those rubber stoppers that are
supposed to defeat feedback (or whatever it's supposed to do) is
obscuring whatever it is he's using (if it's a soundhole pickup). i
wonder if he's using an under the bridge pickup instead?

may have been a thread or two in years past on amch about pick ups,
but i've had a very thin, but very reliable "pick up the world" tape
filament transducer pickup in my martin and in my gibson for 8 years.
best sound i've ever had through a p.a. system. a putw sounds the most
like an acoustic guitar if that's what one is seeking. i've been so
happy with 'em for so long that i haven't even been reading up on any
new ones for quite some time.

sound samples at this site:
http://www.pick-uptheworld.com/

the fishman rare earth blender (a soundhole pickup plus a mic that
juts out from the pickup and into the inside of the guitar below the
strings) is my 2nd favorite.

reviews here:
http://tinylink.com/?XTEkTW726Z