ch-scene - Drummers: The Dead, The Band, Neil Young... OH MY! (Durham)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: playmusicwithdon AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Drummers: The Dead, The Band, Neil Young... OH MY! (Durham)
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:04:45 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for stopping in! If you have made it this far, you have
obviously shown some interest in what it is I am hoping to accomplish.
Sorry this is so long but I just really want to get my points across
and answer as many questions BEFORE they are asked.

1. We are a looking for a drummer that can play with some finesse and
style. A drummer that can play quiet when needed and a rock out when
we want to rock out. Should know how to play with brushes as well. If
you also play percussive instruments like bongos or hand drums in
addition, that is a PLUS!

2. Basically, we are looking forward to a fun, no frills, no issues
band that will play some what we hope would be considered great songs
and just have fun. I have been doing this solo now for almost 10 years
and I am just ready to take my music and songs/songwriting to that
"other" level! So far, we are a guitarist/singer, bassist, and
cellist.

3. We are not looking for head games, egos, addicts or folks with lots
of issues. We're not a psychiatrists and don't play one on TV either.
I've dealt w/ folks with issues and or/addictions already and trust
me, I don't care to do it again. What we are looking for are folks
that are willing to dedicate one night a week (probably Wednesday
Nights from 7-10pm) to just get together and make some music. While we
do have a lot of songs already written, we are not closed whatsoever
to the idea of collaborating or performing music that you have written
already, given that it's in a similar vain.

4. The music isn't brain surgery. It's inspired by the Grateful Dead
(thing Workingman's Dead and American Beauty), The Band, Drivin' N
Cryin', Neil Young (think Harvest and After The Gold Rush) and that
about covers it. As you can imagine, the songs are pretty simple but
have had some great things said about them and folks seem to enjoy
them that have heard them. It's not trendy music but its fun!

5. If you're looking for paying gigs or high profile gigs, this
probably isn't what you want. But if you think you'd like the idea of
maybe playing every other month for chump pay and/or beer and just for
the sake of being on a stage, than this is where you need to be!

6. Person must own a drum kit and have reliable transportation as
well. No we will not supply you with a kit and no, we will not pick
you up and cart you to and from rehearsal. We are all responsible
adults so please be one as well!

7. With that being said, please visit: http://donontheweb.com/bandaudition.htm
and drop me a line. Let me know if this sounds like something that
will interest you! I really hope to hear from you all!

Peace,
Don

  • Drummers: The Dead, The Band, Neil Young... OH MY! (Durham), playmusicwithdon, 11/26/2007