ch-scene - Re: The Next Couple of Weeks at the Broad Street Cafe

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Jeff Hart <jeffhoo1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: The Next Couple of Weeks at the Broad Street Cafe
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 19:45:28 -0800 (PST)

> Saturday December 1st - 9:00pm $5 cover
> Jeff Hart & the Damage Done
> with Meltzer-Hart and The Refusal To Mourn

the last group mentioned, (full name) "the refusal to mourn the death
of a child, by fire, in london" is a new effort from tim sommer (glenn
branca ensemble & hugo largo and his current durham group hi-fi-ski
with alex maiolo). alex joins him in this group with sara bell and one
other person whose name escapes me.

tim describes this thusly:

"Post-aboriginal electric spacedrone". they go on at 9pm.

10pm -
meltzer-hart is the full electric band version of a duo tom meltzer
and i did a couple of valentines days back. (hence the convenient
name). edmunds/lowe/nrbq/power pop influenced tunes with ken friedman
on drums and jon shain on bass. you may remember tom from nyc's five
chinese brothers and an early version of alice donut. holden richards
will join in for a few seasonal tunes acoustically, leading up to ...

11pm -
the damage done is a more edgy / pumped up electric guitar version of
the material i wrote and performed with brown mountain lights. they
double as my neil/crazy horse band, so expect at least a couple of
those for good measure.