ch-scene - Re: Alesis MultiMix USB Mixer

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Alesis MultiMix USB Mixer
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 22:19:28 -0500

I have some Alesis effects that are OK for what they are, but they're also pretty old. No idea if they're one of the companies that still gives a half-shit or not. Some don't anymore.

I think it's interesting that the thing has a USB interface, but doesn't appear to have any other digital I/O, so you couldn't feed the digital input of a recorder directly with it.

For a little more money ($200) you could get an itty bitty Mackie, which would have mic preamps that would be worth a shit: http://www.mackie.com/products/dfx6/index.html

But then again you're probably not planning on singing through the thing, so mebbe it's a moot point. In which case, sure, go for it. Or decide whether you like knobs better than sliders & go from there ;-)

Ross

Calvin Powers wrote:
Howdy,

I'm looking to buy a simple mixer for doing live-to-tape podcasting.
Basically I need something that can mix two mic inputs, music input from my
PC and possibly some basic effects and mix it to a line out where I'll
capture it with a digital recorder.

I've been digging around and the Alesis MultiMix USB
Mixer<http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product_Id=4172188&JRSource=nextag.datafeed.ALE+MMIX8USB>looks
ike it would do the trick and $150 seems like a pretty good price. Do
any of you have experience with this particular mixer? Are there other
mixers you'd recommend for this sort of thing.

Calvin