ch-scene - Get Righteous With Calvin

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Calvin Powers" <calvin AT cspowers.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Get Righteous With Calvin
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 20:28:52 -0400

Tonight, October 21st at 9:pm Eastern time, I'll be the featured DJ on
WXDU's weekly "Mystery Show." My show tonight is my occasional "Do Right
Soul Review" show in which I feature soul music from yesterday and today. In
addition to the soul legends like Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, Bettye
Lavette, and Solomon Burke, I'll be playing soul tunes from Wilco, Ruthie
Foster, Ben Harper, Ray Lamontagn and Ryan Adams. So tune in, put your hands
on the speakers and feel the love.

WXDU can be heard in Durham on 88.7FM and via webcast at www.wxdu.org.

--
"These are hard times for dreamers." -- from Amelie