ch-scene - Re: Jay Reatard This Saturday Oct. 13th!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ron thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Jay Reatard This Saturday Oct. 13th!
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:11:37 -0400

And I love that I'm not!!

(sorry, lady)

My only regret is that Jay isn't bringing Tokyo Electron and the Hex Dispensers into town with him.

a little Jay blurbage here from Memphis' own Andria Lisle:

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/mojo/18/memphis-punk-rock-capital-of-america

he's pretty too!

http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AvLdstTNnwDexLFhRMnTMrrzvSUv/SIG=12j2ef7gb/**http%3A//f3.yahoofs.com/ymg/mojo/mojo-59226905-1190923725.jpg%3FymQHaM.CjAZ.oPQp

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/30/46995874_f85ee17f36_o.jpg

--rt

Lisa Bachelder wrote:
We just saw him at Gonerfest in Memphis. Intense, angry, magnetic (that's good). I hate that I'm going to miss this show.

lb

*****************

Kevin Collins wrote:
THIS SATURDAY - October 13th - in Downtown Raleigh

Jay Reatard
http://www.myspace.com/jayreatard

Double Negative
http://www.myspace.com/thedoublenegative

Heads On Sticks
http://www.myspace.com/headsonsticksmusic

Downtown Event Center
(formerly Raleigh Music Hall)
14 W. Martin St... between S. Salisbury St. and Fayetteville St.
Raleigh, NC

All ages
10pm
Six bucks

Jay Reatard's newish album, Blood Visions, is about the catchiest thing I've heard all year.
Here's a review of it...
http://www.dustedmagazine.com/reviews/3386

More about Jay..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Reatard