ch-scene - Service Guarantees Citizenship

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Service Guarantees Citizenship
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 19:28:46 -0700 (PDT)

Would you like to know more?

Do you love Carrboro? Want to do a little something to
help Carrboro? Do you have even some minor PA set up
and mixing skills?

I've been involved in helping set up a public Mayoral
and Aldermen candidates forum for Carrboro.
Unfortunately, I'll be out of the country, and am now,
when it takes place. The other people involved in
helping make the forum happen now need your help. They
have rented what I think is a powered mixer and six
mics from Music Loft to serve as sound reinforcement
for the occasion. However, none of them know how to
set up or operate this kind of thing. They are looking
for someone to be that person who does know how and
will do it. And naturally I thought of asking you
guys, the local gearhead hive mind.

If you would be that person, please contact me via
email at ifoufo the at sign yahoo the dot mark com as
soon as convenient. I will have internet access where
I am for approximately 36 more hours and then I will
be traveling to a place where my connectivity is
uncertain to me at this time. I will put you in
contact with the de facto ringleader of the forum
organizing committee, who is quite easy to work with.
I think if you know your way around simple sound gear,
you might need to get to the forum site, say, an hour
before the forum starts to make sure the PA is set up
and running correctly, although you should probably
negotiate that with the contact person.

Here are the particulars of the forum:

Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 7:30 - 9:00 pm -
Candidates' Forum (for Mayor and Board of Aldermen of
Carrboro, sponsored by the Carrboro area Democratic
precincts). Doors open at 7:00 pm. Location: Lake
Hogan Farms Clubhouse, 101 Commons Way, Chapel Hill.

And even if you have no interest in helping with the
PA but care about Carrboro, please come to the forum.
There are some issues which will be addressed that, at
least I think, you would want to know the candidates'
views.

Thank you for taking the time to read this request and
I'll be ever so happy happy joy joy if one of you
could help with that PA thing.

Cheers, Chris