ch-scene - Dive 9/27

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: breed AT email.unc.edu
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Dive 9/27
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 06:02:51 -0000

Hey,

So, I've been really bad about doing this, but this is an important
week for us here at Dive.

Our print edition will be kind of brief this week...only 4 pages, and
weirdly laid out, but life goes on.

We've got reviews of new music from Jose Gonzalez, local rapper
Mercee, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, The Weakerthans, Office, Eulogies,
Ben Lee, Trapt, Jesca Hoop, and more!

Movies, we did Eastern Promises, Resident Evil, Lady Chatterly and
Sydney White.

There's a photo of The Sammies at Local 506 (Full disclosure:They're
friends of mine, but I did not write or assign anything related to
their show)

And, perhaps most importantly, there's a rad cover story about the
bands playing at our party on Saturday at Local 506. You should come
out. It'll be fun.

That's all I got for tonight.

Naturally, there's more cool stuff on the diveblog.

Peace,

Bryan