ch-scene - television / marquee moon tribute at broad st. cafe tonight 9/22

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Jeff Hart <jeffhoo1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: television / marquee moon tribute at broad st. cafe tonight 9/22
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 16:30:08 -0000

to elaborate on ross' stuff this week post (many thanks), the amps do
furnish a room set happens at 10pm. is a 30th anniversary tribute to
this landmark television record. we did a 3 song preview in march, but
we're ready to roll it all out tonight.

the band features the debut of ken friedman (wxyc music director '76 -
'85 and tobacco a go-go blue / mold records archivist) on drums.
jamie mclendon (siddhartha, dom casual) on bass and vocals.
pete gamble (psuedes, secret service, killer filler) on guitar.
andy fekete is on guitar.

i was intending to do a 20th anniversary gig back in '97 (i found this
archived post below), but things just worked out better a decade later
with the right people. amps do furnish a room choose a record to
rehearse every sunday afternoon and play live once or twice late in
the year. no clue as to what we'll do in '08. we're just excited to be
doing this one finally.

http://www.myspace.com/ampsdofurnisharoom

also earlier tonight broad st. cafe:

the hanks 9pm - the hanks' first gig was this same week 20 years ago
in raleigh
a youtube from a reunion show in '04:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19Rp_XkOOOc

the damage done - first time in durham 11:15pm. it's the orignals
tonight, not the neil/crazy horse stuff.
http://www.myspace.com/jeffhoo