ch-scene - A/V Geeks present "Schoolhouse Scandal"

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: avgeeks AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: A/V Geeks present "Schoolhouse Scandal"
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:48:29 -0000

Schoolhouse Scandal
Given the current outrage against the extracurricular shenanigans
taking place in our hallowed halls of learning, you'd think that kids
have truly gone wild. But the A/V Geeks present a night of school
films from our past that show students have always looked beyond the
Three Rs in school! Films include - The Bully, The Outsider, The Show-
Off, What About Prejudice?, Dance Little Children and more! Suggested
donation $5

8:00pm, Friday, September 14th. Center for Documentary Studies 1317 W.
Pettigrew Street, Durham NC

A/V Geeks Return to New York
A/V Geeks happily return to the Empire State! Tell your Yankee
friends!

Why We're Fat
Films from the AV Geeks archive that attempt to explain or confangle
information about nutrition in order to sell products. Films include -
Man Who Missed Breakfast, Your Daily Bread, Eat for Health, More Life
In Living , Adventures of Chip & Dip and more!

8pm, Friday September 21st. Anthology Film Archives 32 2nd Avenue (at
2nd St), New York, NY (212) 505-5181. Admission $8 general admission,
$5 for members, and $6 for seniors & students with ID.

7:30pm, Monday September 24th. Cinema Arts Centre 423 Park Avenue,
Huntington, NY 631-423-FILM (3456). Admission $9/Members $6.

Soylent Green (1973)
In an overpopulated futuristic Earth, a New York police detective
(played by Charlton Heston) finds himself marked for murder by
government agents when he gets too close to a bizarre state secret
involving the origins of a revolutionary and needed new foodstuff.
7pm, Friday, Oct 5th, NC Museum of Natural Sciences 11 W. Jones St.,
Raleigh, NC

To be added to the events list, email me at skipATavgeeks.com

  • A/V Geeks present "Schoolhouse Scandal", avgeeks, 09/13/2007