ch-scene - nitelite FRIDAY, No Smoking, eh, fuck yes.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ansmithers AT yahoo.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: nitelite FRIDAY, No Smoking, eh, fuck yes.
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:37:27 -0700

Friday Night

amplifier worship

Rahdunes / Lakes / Horseback / Felt Battery / In the Year of the Pig

@ Nightlight (NON-SMOKING Venue and we can all get together and argue
about the Independent music coverage together. Maybe Grayson will be
there and we can take turns hugging and kicking him, I will just hug
him but I like Burlymen)
http://www.nightlightclub.com/schedule.html

A little more than a year ago, the Triangle suffered the loss of a
great artist who worked largely in the poster medium, Mr. Casey Burns,
but all was not lost, as he journeyed over to the other Coast, Mr.
Matt Hart (thisposterwillselfdestruct) came on over from Oakland with
his little family to fill our wandering eyes with some poster art of
the highest quality. We are lucky to have him, he is one righteous
fellow and a great talent. The show at Nightlight this Friday was
largely curated by Mr. Hart and features some of his friends from that
area around the bay that recently claimed Sir Chuck Johnson. Man,
Matt Hart, Cree (Chris Williams), RON LIBERTI, and if Nicole Bogas
would start doing some more silk-screen, ahem, some fine poster art we
got around these parts.

Come on out and say hello won't you? We sure would like to see you.
yep.

Rahdunes
http://www.myspace.com/mindzoo666
from San Francisco, seriously

Lakes
are from Australia. the project of one Sean Bailey, who used to be in
Flesh vs. Venom (you know them, come on, you know you do) but I think
he plays live with others. The Grey Daturas are from Australia and
they played at Nighlight once and it ruled so by totally solid logic
Lakes will too.

Felt Battery
http://www.myspace.com/thefeltbattery
is from Hillsborough, Electro Acoustic Improvisation pastoral field
recording beautiful

Horseback
http://www.myspace.com/horsebacknoise
Jenks is my roommate and plays drums too. Horseback is guitar
dreaming.
Good opportunity for Merge employees to heckle a Burlytime artist
since pretty much everyone is too afraid of the wrath of Beth Tacular
to heckle the Bowerbirds. Throw a beer can then we can all hug Jenks
and Grayson and the Ladybug Transistor together and smile because we
are having a hippy lovefest at Nightlight.

in the year of the pig
http://www.myspace.com/intheyearofthepig
stuck in a rut lately but as soon as Mr. Cantwell comes back from much
deserved vacation--and that man deserves a vacation more than most--oh
there will be happy times. We love you... but again, not in some
fucking hippy way even though I said we would have a hippy lovefest.

nightlight says the following:
Fri 8/24 - Rahdunes / Lakes / Felt Battery / Horseback / In The Year
of the Pig - 10 PM $7 After All, they don't bring out a different
Vanna every time there is a new puzzle on Wheel of Fortune do they?
Rahdunes is from San Fran and they have some serious delirious tribal
affection for mystical evocation pulsing through their littered
soundtracks for horrific nightime encounters with otherworldly
visitors, just like Major GODDAMN FUCKING Briggs. Twin Peaks-temporary
obsession. Felt Battery has not performed at Nightlight in many, many
months. We await their pastoral crunching and swept sidewalks with
concrete and rapt attention. The rural electronic hum of natural
rhthyms becons you from the Night-hole. Keep your eye out for some
fliers by Matt Hart AKA THISPOSTERWILLSELFDESTRUCT and wait in rapt
anticipation for a twi-night mid-time foray into the experimental
world of live electronics and guitar fuzz box. The juke joint of the
future awaits inside an amplifier.

  • nitelite FRIDAY, No Smoking, eh, fuck yes., ansmithers, 08/24/2007