ch-scene - Fwd: Schooner CD Release 8/25 and WUNC and and and

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Tripp <aboatthatrocks AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Fwd: Schooner CD Release 8/25 and WUNC and and and
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:09:47 -0400

Hi Folks,

Welcome back to your work week, or to school if you're into that whole
thing, too. To give you something to look forward to in this most miserable
of hours, I would like to let you know that Schooner (Reid, Kathryn, Tripp,
and Billy) will be releasing our newest of records "Hold on Too Tight" this
Saturday, August 25 at the Cats Cradle in Carrboro, NC. Joining us on stage
will be Dr. Nathan Oliver White (of Nathan Oliver) and Dr. Wes Phillips
(some may have seen in the Ticonderoga), along with just about everyone who
helped us on said record, including Gov. Scott Phillips (of Goner and
Monologue Bombs) playing acordian, Sen. Tom Moorefield (Shakermaker) playing
pedal steel, Con. Billy Sugarfix (Evil Weiner) playing some theremin, Maj.
Luke Berchowitz (Polyna, Fashion Design) on the mandolin, and the Pox Family
Singers (you know who you are) singing their dreams. There's even talk of
projections by our friend Col. Matt Hedt (Hi Mom).

On top of this, we're playing with some of our favorite bands:
Erie Choir
The Strugglers
North Elementary
Wes Phillips

And get this: the show will cost you nothing. Free. Zero dollars.

We look forward to seeing you there.

A couple of more goings on:

August 24, noon: Schooner on the State of Things, 91.5. Our local NPR
affiliate WUNC will have us on for an interview and to play a couple of
songs.
and then at 5pm: WKNC, 88.1 : Depending on who can make it, we may do a
full band, or just talk with DJ Steve-O

Here's a little of the press we've received so far:

http://prod1.cmj.com/articles/display_article.php?id=43547292
http://www.americana-uk.com/auk/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=2968

http://thephiller.com/reviews/s/schooner/hold_on_too_tight.shtml
http://www.erasingclouds.com/wk1307schooner.html
http://flagpole.com/Music/RecRev/Schooner/2007-06-20
http://idolator.com/tunes/mp3/listening-station-schooner-tightens-up-272300.php

Cheers,
Reid
--
Reid Johnson
919-412-9414

  • Fwd: Schooner CD Release 8/25 and WUNC and and and, Tripp, 08/20/2007