ch-scene - This Saturday, Farewell to a Carolina Classic

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Ryan Martin" <rymars AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: This Saturday, Farewell to a Carolina Classic
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 21:59:03 -0400

MANDATORY SHOW:

This SATURDAY, August 11th @ NIGHTLIGHT will be the last Jason Crumer set in
NC before he moves to Oakland at the end of the month.
For the past eight years or so, Jason has been an important and influential
presence on noise / weird music in the state, and despite a scandalous lack
of local support and attention, has just recently begun commanding wider
attention with releases on RRR, Relapse, and Blossoming Noise, with records
on Ecstatic Peace and Hospital Productions forthcoming. His live sets are
rapturous and impressive! This might be your last chance in a long while to
witness one. True Carolina Classic. Saturday should be a blast, here's
what's going on:

::: JASON CRUMER, epic farewell set, solo and collaborative action w/ Rachal
Spikula + Ryan Martin of Relay For Death and Boyzone, Scotty Irving of Clang
Quartet, and Lee Counts of American Band

:::::::: RELAY FOR DEATH, Roxann + Rachal Spikula's wild alternative music
band, ghost vox + fire, if you witnessed their freakishly
stoic/hypnotic/prankish/rocking sets with Fat Worm of Error and Suffering
Bastard/White Mice, you know what I'm talking about.

::::::::::::::::USABABY, Matt + Laura Parson's brilliant teenage punk sounds

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::ABHORRENT STRAIN, zombie noise from Western NC,
we met him on the Crushing Carolina Tour, just wait.

This show is FREE.

Starts 10ish PM, Nightlight is located at 405 1/2 W Rosemary St, Chapel
Hill.

Jason is my buddy and I'm going to miss him!

love

Ryan

  • This Saturday, Farewell to a Carolina Classic, Ryan Martin, 08/07/2007