ch-scene - Taproot Radio News #122

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Calvin Powers" <calvin AT cspowers.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Taproot Radio News #122
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 07:08:14 -0400

Rotation #122 August 6, 2007
read: http://www.taprootradio.com
listen: http://www.live365.com/stations/taprootradio

Howdy,

I've been catching up on a backlog of new arrivals at Taproot Radio this
past week. The good folks at Bloodshot records have released a 2 CD set
continuing their Old Town School series in which current artisits
re-interprest folk songs. I've also been enjoying the latest Numero Group
release in their Eccentric Soul series. Unbelieveably funky soul from the
late 60's early 70's. On the rock and roll side, I've been enjoying some
roots rock revivial from a Canadian duo who calls themselves Kick In The
Eye. All these and more are going into rotation this week.

The full rotation for this week is online
<http://www.taprootradio.com/2007/08/taproot-radio-news-122.html>at the web
site.

Dig Deep,
Calvin
Recent Reviews: Old Town School of Folk Songbook Volume 2 &
3<http://www.taprootradio.com/2007/08/old-town-school-of-folk-music-songbook.html>
Tuned to
Love<http://www.taprootradio.com/2007/08/tuned-to-love-by-loose-salute.html>by
The Loose Salute
Picture
Book<http://www.taprootradio.com/2007/08/picture-book-by-luke-powers.html>by
Luke Powers
Rock and Roll
Revisited<http://www.taprootradio.com/2007/08/rock-and-roll-revisited-by-kick-in-eye.html>by
Kick In The Eye
Eccentric Soul: The Prix
Label<http://www.taprootradio.com/2007/08/eccentric-soul-prix-label.html>
Lost Men and Angry
Girls<http://www.taprootradio.com/2007/08/lost-men-and-angry-girls-by-audrey-aukd.html>by
Audrey Auld Mezera
Calendar: Aug 6: Cary Brothers @ Local 506
Aug 8: Merle Haggard @ Meymandi Concert Hall
Aug 10: Jason Boland @ The Hideaway
Aug 11: Allen Toussaint @ NCMA
Aug 11: Django Haskins @ Saxapahaw Music Series
Aug 11: Randy Weeks & The Swinging Johnsons @ The Hideaway BBQ
Aug 12; Thrift Store Cowboys @ The Hideaway

See The Taproot
Calendar<http://calvin.powers.googlepages.com/taprootcalendar>for more
upcoming shows.

This Week's Focus Tracks: Morphine / Audrey Auld Mezera / Lost Men And Angry
Girls / 4:38
Wait A Minute / Eddie Ray / Eccentric Soul: The Prix Label / 3:30
Through The Stratosphere To The Bars / The Loose Salute / Tuned To Love /
3:36
The Last Thing On My Mind / Kelly Hogan & Scott Ligon / Old Town School of
Folk Music Songbook Volume Two & Three (Disc 1) / 3:08
Last Fair Deal Gone Down / Crooked Still / Hop High / 4:29
Take Me Back to Baltimore / Elizabeth Cotten / Shake Sugaree / 1:59
Total Eclipse Of The Moon / Graham Parker / Don't Tell Columbus / 4:17
The Sun Also Sets / Ryan Adams / Easy Tiger / 4:11
A Few Extra Kilos / The Gourds / Noble Creatures / 3:40
Baby Needs A New Pair Of Shoes / Joe Ely / Happy Songs From Rattlesnake
Gulch (P) 2007 / 3:36
Sweet Petunia / The Hackensaw Boys / Look Out / 2:35
I Don't Ever Give Up / Patty Griffin / Children Running Through / 4:00
You Are My Face / Wilco / Sky Blue Sky / 4:38
Happy Jack / Southern Culture On The Skids / Countrypolitan Favorites / 2:55
Wild Things / Scott Miller & The Commonwealth / Reconstruction / 2:44
The Great Gravitron Massacre / Two Cow Garage / Three / 4:05
Slow Hearse / Son Volt / The Search / 2:32
I Love You A Thousand Ways / Willie Nelson & Merle Haggard / Last Of The
Breed [Disc 1] / 2:57
Phenomenal Woman / Ruthie Foster / The Phenomenal Ruthie Foster / 4:23
It Makes No Difference / My Morning Jacket / Endless Highway: The Music Of
The Band / 6:19
DJ/Promo Tracks: Stop Messin My Heart Around / Kick In The Eye / Rock and
Roll Revisited / 3:01
Man Behind / Luke Powers / Picture Book / 3:27
Midnight Roses / Trevor McShane / Dizzy / 2:39
Big Weekend / Tom Petty / Highway Companion / 3:15
Wildwood In The Pines / Johnny Cash / Personal File / 2:41
Some Kind Of Wonderful / Joss Stone / The Soul Sessions / 3:56
Older Guys / The Flying Burrito Brothers / Sacred Hearts And Fallen Angels:
The Gram Parsons Anthology (Disc 1) / 2:30
Big Little Baby / Reverend Horton Heat / Holy Roller / 2:29
Who'll Stop The Rain / Creedence Clearwater Revival / Chronicle, Vol. 1 /
2:29
Wildwood Rambler / Hooverville / Follow That Trail Of Dust Back Home / 4:39

  • Taproot Radio News #122, Calvin Powers, 08/05/2007