ch-scene - Sights&Sounds[6.5]Jun07

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: keith <wardke1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: wardke1 AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Sights&Sounds[6.5]Jun07
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:56:35 -0700 (PDT)

Thursday - 6/28 - Mosaic Wine et Lounge One Year Anniversary Party -
The All White party will feature the best show of the year for members and
guests. Heavy hors d’oeuvres and champagne will be provided by Mosaic from
8:30 to 11pm. DJs, dancers, and surprise shows will rock the Kasbah until
the wee hours of the morning. Mosaic Wine Lounge, 517 W. Jones St., Midtown
Raleigh - www.myspace.com/mosaicwinelounge

NOTE: PLEASE WEAR WHITE IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND

Friday - 6/29 - Deep Fridays - House jams with K-Rox, Brian San Diego and
NYC's Tony Nas. 10p. Ringside, 308 W. Main St., Downtown Durham -
www.myspace.com/brian619 & www.myspace.com/filthyteknyc

Friday - 6/29 - Gran Reserva - Post anniversary madness continues with
champagne lounging and dancefloor action. Music by Feinberg. 10p. Mosaic
Wine Lounge, 517 W. Jones St, Midtown Raleigh - www.myspace.com/sfeinberg &
www.mosaicwinelounge.com

Friday - 6/29 - Remix Project - The boys are back with the live funky soul
interpretations of hip hop classics. Also with dJs Merlin and Mooney.
Mosquito, 311 S. Harrington St., Downtown Raleigh - www.theremixproject.com &
www.clubmosquito.com

Saturday - 6/30 - Douga Douga - Dancing in the Biergarten. Afro, Arabic
Salsa, Electro, Gypsy Caravan, Merengue, House and of course, German hip hop.
Music by Keith. 10p. Mosaic Wine Lounge, 517 W. Jones St, Midtown Raleigh
- www.myspace.com/mosaicwinelounge

Wednesday - 7/4 - Benefit for the Tower - On Thursday, May 31, 2007, a
fire destroyed the penthouse apartment of the Snow Building in downtown
Durham, displacing friend Dykki Settle. He did NOT have insurance and funds
are being raised to ensure a closet of clothes and a room of his own. The
tribe gathers this day for "The King of Downtown Durham" and the best damn
house party host EVER brought to you by friends and Ringside in association
with towerofdurham. org. 6p. Food, djs, dancers, singers, art and of
course, fireworks. $10 donation requested. Ringside, 308 W. Main St.,
Downtown Durham - www.towerofdurham.org & www.myspace.com/308ringside

Also happening:
) -
Thu - 6/28 - dJ RasMusis (eclectic/downtempo) @ Riviera (Raleigh)
Thu - 6/28 - Avatar (international/house) @ Mosquito (Raleigh)
) -
Thu - 6/28 - Latin Night @ RedRoom (Raleigh) - www.trianglefiesta.com

) -
Thu - 6/28 - Electronic Bliss (electronic dance night) @ Talullas (Chapel
Hill)

Thu - 6/28 - Open Mic @ Aries (Raleigh) - www.myspace.com/arieslounge

Thu - 6/28 & Fri - 6/29 - Ojos de Brujo @ HighLine Ballroom (NYC) -
www.ojosdebrujo.com
Thu - 6/28 - The Real Return w/dJ Joe Bunn (hiphop/R&B) @ Bogarts (Raleigh)

Fri - 6/29 - Electrosole w/Keith (lounge/house), 6p-10p @ Red Room
(Raleigh)
Fri - 6/29 - Brian Zanone (lounge/house) @ April & George (Raleigh)
Fri - 6/29 - Mediterranean Dance Party @ Talullas (Chapel Hill) -
www.myspace.com/talullas
Fri - 6/29 - I-Mambo Latin Party @ Riviera (Raleigh) - www.i-mambo.net &
www.rivieraresto.com
Fri - 6/29 - Manu Chao @ Electric Factory (Philadelphia) - www.manuchao.net
Sat - 6/30 - Costamundo w/Keith (lounge/house), 6p-10p @ Red Room (Raleigh)
Sat - 6/30 - Ebb & Flow w/Dae (downtempo/house) @ Alivias Durham Bistro
(Durham) - www.aliviasdurhambistro.com
Sat - 6/30 - Modern Scene/ADF Indy Weekly Afterparty w/LeMoore @
Independent Weekly (Durham)
Sat - 6/30 - Brian Zanone (lounge/house) @ April & George (Raleigh)
-www.myspace.com/brianzanone
Sat - 6/30 - dJ Romaric (house) @ Riviera (Raleigh) -
www.myspace.com/romaric & www.riviera-resto.com
Sat - 6/30 - Mr. Scruff w/dJ Vadim @ Studio B (Greenpoint, NYC) -
www.turntablesonthehudson.com/party.htm
Sun - 7/1 - Body & Soul @ Studio Meznor (NYC) -
www.bodyandsoul-nyc.com/main.html
Tue - 7/3 - ElectroBistro (djs - electronic) @ Fuse (Chapel Hill)

Music:
Cabo Parano - Martin Solveig
My Guitar - Grand High Priest
Love Ritual / Dance Ritual - Louie Vega vs Cerrone
Para Na Wey - Os Malandros

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.